Training Rep 3
Company: HII Fleet Support Group
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Required Travel: 11 - 25%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Level of Experience:Mid
Who We Are
We have an exciting opportunity to join our awesome team as a
Training Rep 3! This position is for the Refueling and Complex
Overhaul (RCOH) which is a process for refueling and upgrading
nuclear-powered aircraft carriers in the US Navy. During such
operations Aircraft Carriers receive modern upgrades to various
propulsion systems. With those updates training support is required
to ensure the crew is ready to return to service.
This position requires a skilled trainer to develop and deliver
training curricula for Reactor, Engineering, Navigation, Combat,
Air and Auxiliary Systems on CVN 68 Class and CVN 78 Class Carriers
as well as SSN and SSBN propulsion systems.
This position is located at our NETcenter in Hampton, VA.
Travel Requirements are 11-25%
Hours are flexible once fully trained.
What You Will Do
- Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of
- Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and
develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training
- Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning
theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and
- Develops in-house programs and practices to identify
developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more
responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present
- May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop
and/or administer training programs.
- May be responsible for development of e-learning programs
- Stay abreast of Carrier modernization efforts.
- Develop Interactive and Engaging training.
- Train todays Carrier Sailors to meet fleet rediness needs.
What You Must Have
- 6 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 4
years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High
School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years relevant experience
- The candidate must have held Naval Enlisted Classification Code
339X or 336X.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Power Point, Word
- Candidate must be capable of providing training to various
sized military and civilian personnel in a classroom.
- Must obtain a CONFIDENTIAL Security Clearance
Bonus Points For Having!
- Previous experience at NRMD or shore based IMA planning,
estimating, and execution a plus. Previous experience at a NPTU or
NPS a plus. Master Training Specialist NEC also desired.
- Candidate should be proficient in the use of optical
recognition software, Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel, Paint,
Adobe Photo Editor, and Adobe Acrobat software.
Additionally valued skills:
- Nuclear Regional Maintenance Departments
- Nuclear Power School/Nuclear Power Training Unit
- Shore-based Intermediate Maintenance Activities
- Planning, estimating and execution
- Master Training Specialist NEC
- Instructional Systems Design
- Navy Training Requirements
- Virtual Reality and game design
Additional desired Software experience with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Acrobat
- Optical recognition software
- CAD software
May require working in an industrial or shipboard environment.
Capable of climbing ladders, standing for extended periods, and
tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group
within HII's Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S.
Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority
of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and
aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the
Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the
most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With
a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S.
national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from
the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to
unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry
in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked,
all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled
workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit:
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S.
Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Keywords: HII Fleet Support Group, Hampton , Training Rep 3, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!