Talent Acquisition Specialist I
Company: Hampton Roads Transit
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Provide assistance in planning, developing and implementing
recruitment and staffing strategies for assigned departments with
special emphasis on a well qualified and diverse pool of
candidates, timeliness and cost effectiveness. To increase the
visibility of the organization within the military and university
community through strategic networking with military bases,
government agencies and colleges/universities.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit
duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Provide a high level of customer service in consulting with and
guiding hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing
issues, policies, and process.
- Provides a high level of customer service to job applicants
regarding employment opportunities and the application
- Assist in recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel
(excluding managerial levels and above).
- Execute recruitment plan by aggressively recruiting
well-qualified candidates from a variety of sources, managing
selection process to include interviewing, assessing candidates,
screening, administering test and recommending finalists, and
filling the staffing needs within the defined service and
- Responds by e-mail, phone and in person to questions from
candidates and departments regarding recruitment status, and
personnel procedures; assists applicants with the application
process, including on-line submission.
- Facilitates the interview process, to include the scheduling of
interviews and appointments; serve as part of the interview panel,
execution of all new hire paper work, and data input of new hires
- Conducts criminal history, sex offender, and driving record
checks and maintains confidentiality of all related materials and
- Schedules and tracks new hires for post-offer physicals and
drug test; answers routine questions from new hires regarding
policies, benefits, work schedules and working conditions, and
other related information.
- Prepares and presents offer to successful candidates. Ensures
the flow of appropriate paper work as necessary.
- Prepare and send out unsuccessful letters to candidates.
- Input, update, retrieve and track applicant data and
pre-employment information in PeopleSoft.
- When preparing documents for recruitment, ensure they are
proofread and are error-free, and safeguard the confidentiality of
documents and test results.
- Assists with developing strategies to recruit, hire and retain
a superior workforce.
- Assists in developing recruiting materials and brochures.
- Conducts outreach or field recruitment duties including
participation in on-site interviews and group presentations.
- Ensures compliance with Affirmative Action and Equal Employment
Opportunity guidelines by supporting non-discriminatory hiring
procedures, soliciting applications from diverse candidates,
defining qualified and non-qualified applicants.
- Work with Technology staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of
information placed on website; update organizational development
email auto reply.
- Assist with new employee orientation; Assist in organizational
training and development efforts.
- Assist in planning and organizing HRT career fairs.
- Develop reports to meet management requests and needs for Human
- Maintain Human Resources Department files.
- Maintains and ensures agency job descriptions are updated.
- Represents and serves on committees for the Human Resources
Department as assigned.
- Prepares documents for imaging by designating file code
information and forwarding to Records Management; maintains and
disposes of records in accordance with the approved HRT Records
Retention and Disposition Schedules.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the
Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in
accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard
Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the organization's Virginia Values Veterans (V3)
Point of Contact and responsible for accurate and timely submission
of quarterly reporting of Veteran hiring.
- Responsible for Veteran recruitment by attending Veteran job
fairs, hosting information sessions and speaking at military
- Builds and maintains relationships with Veteran organizations
and military transition teams throughout the Hampton Roads
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with high
schools, technical schools, universities and community
organizations to help identify and build talent pipelines to source
- Responsible for engagement through scheduled events at
college/university career fairs, professional career fairs and
related industry meetings.
Keywords: Hampton Roads Transit, Hampton , Talent Acquisition Specialist I, Other , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...