Regional Transportation Manager - Northeast US
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: February 12, 2020
Company Overview Join our world-class Transportation leadership
team! As a Regional Transportation Manager, you will be responsible
for Transportation Costs in the Northeast Region - 10 Distribution
Centers in 18 markets and approximately 200 drivers. You will lead
through influence -- Safety, Quality and Controllable Labor will be
a major focus for you. You will partner with our carriers, DC
Leaders and Corporate Transportation Team to deliver on-time,
in-full deliveries. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors is preferred, not required.
- 5+ years transportation experience in a large
enterprise company with its own Fleet.
- Proven leadership in influencing and motivating remote
- Driver qualified to perform safety checkpoints with
- Strong analytical skill set, proven effectiveness in
- Excellent change management experience.
- Experience with Descartes or routing software.
- Experience with DriveCam.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP.
- Available for day-travel up to 50%, overnight approximately
25%. HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the
largest industrial distributors in North America. The company
provides a broad range of products and value-add services to
approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for partnering with regional operations,
distribution center managers, customer service, and sales partners
to ensure that dedicated delivery functions and common carriers
support the overall business objectives, driving transportation
performance, customer satisfaction, and identifying cost reduction
opportunities. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Provides regional oversight of driver safety. (Smith system
tracking, check ride compliance, Drive Cam coaching, accident
reporting, and accident investigations). Identifies cost out
opportunities for optimized transportation solutions.
- Evaluates regional delivery productivity to ensure efficient
delivery operations, loading operations, and resource
- Provides world class customer service delivery experience for
- Ensures compliance to corporate transportation guidelines,
including maintaining qualified drivers. Manages driver safety
recognition program across region.
- Oversees regional staffing levels to support the market by
partnering with distribution center management and recruitment to
drive hiring processes. Executes to the financial plan and deliver
on controllable labor metrics.
- Provides visibility and reporting on inbound/outbound late or
missed shipments, appointment issues, and common carrier issues.
Ensures efficient operations and daily execution of all nightly
line hauls to include exception management.
- Partners with regional distribution center management to ensure
fluid yard operation for inbound and outbound loads as well as gate
in and gate out procedures.
- Provides regional oversight for flawless field execution and
implementation of new transportation processes. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be
regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as
dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong
drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. PRID PRID108 Job Locations US-NJ-Burlington -
US-OH-Columbus - US-MA-Boston - US-NJ-Secaucus - US-MD-Baltimore -
US-VA-Hampton - US-VA-Richmond - US-IN-Indianapolis - US-MI-Detroit
- US-OH-Cleveland Posted Date 2 weeks ago (1/28/2020 1:32 PM) Job
ID 2020-36408 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? Yes Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 08016 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Hampton , Regional Transportation Manager - Northeast US, Professions , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!