Non-CDL Route Delivery Driver
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Company Overview Where: Hampton, VA (2101 Aluminum Ave) Type: Full
Time Non-Exempt Wage: $17.00/hour and up based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time,
Tuition Reimbursement, and more! Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00
AM until finish Our mission is to build our cities and keep them
running. Our Local Delivery Drivers get the goods our customers
need in order to make this happen. HD Supply is an Essential
Business Service: As an "essential business service" HD Supply
remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social
distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas,
including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety
precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates,
visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs In this job,
you'll do things like:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely drive, move
and offload merchandise from box trucks of up to 26 feet
- Interact with customers and job site supervisors in a friendly
and professional way
- Perform truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Maintain accurate electronic logs of deliveries and
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines at all times
- Work independently, take initiative and solve problems
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- Able to operate a box truck for a full work day, in all types
of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous
- At least 6 months of experience operating a 16ft - 26ft Box
- Able, with or without accommodations, to do things like lift
(up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally),
walk, move, pack and unpack goods throughout the day with equipment
- Able to safely climb in and out of the cab/box of the
- Able to pass drug test, driving record check, and Dept of
Transportation (DOT) physical exam
- Able to speak fluent English due to safety and customer service
- Valid driver's license
- 21+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- Exceptional customer service skills - we emphasize quality of
service over speed of deliveries What will give you an edge:
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience or certification
- Experience operating hand trucks, pallet trucks or similar
- Experience with inventory-related handheld computer devices
Some perks of this job include:
- No weekend or overnight work: Monday - Friday schedules
- Standard Start Times: You'll be able to plan your life around
- Competitive pay: base hourly wage (not by load or stop) plus
the potential for overtime and bonuses
- Our trucks are equipped with lift gates: we help you stay
- Physically active work: no gym membership needed
- Enjoy generous benefits: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401k savings plan with company match and sick leave
- Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid
- Bi-weekly pay with direct deposit or pay card
- Great career and personal growth opportunities within our $6
billion (and growing) company Learn more about HD Supply and what
our associates say about working here: Job Description &
Qualifications Job Summary Make deliveries to customer job sites
while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck
and unload at customer site. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications &
Job Specific Details **EG PRID PRID143 Job Locations US-VA-Hampton
Posted Date 1 week ago (11/12/2020 9:27 AM) Job ID 2020-40411
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location :
Postal Code 23661 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Hampton , Non-CDL Route Delivery Driver, Professions , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!