Company: SP Industries, Inc.
Location: Pocomoke City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SP Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Production
Manager to join the team!
The primary responsibility is for leadership and guidance of the
production operations of the plant. The Production Manager will
work with the cross functional members of the organization to
implement continuous improvement tools, operational metrics,
standardization of work flows, demand planning of materials/labor,
schedule adherence to commitments, resource allocations, shift
sizing, capacity planning and performance reporting. The successful
candidate will also have a strong technical background in injection
molding that will enable them to develop and implement world class
equipment and die maintenance programs in support of the plant's
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
Lead the team in the manufacturing of quality products in
accordance with work instructions and company policy to ensure a
quality product is delivered on time and to specification.
- Analyzes work orders and production schedules to determine
operational priorities and appropriate information to process
materials, complete assemblies and test products within the lead
- Assigns specific work operations, setups, production tasks
and/or special projects to subordinates.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety standards
as required by law and company policy.
- Create a high morale workplace with the highest ethical
- Act as a member of the SLT (site leadership team) and perform
other duties as required.
- Insure the appropriate level of accountability for respective
processes and objectives at the lead level.
- Plan and monitor capacity optimization for all manufacturing
- Monitor and take appropriate timely improvement actions to meet
production quality and quantity objectives.
- Facilitate team leader workflow, and team members' placement to
ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or
- Implement controls and monitor required resources to achieve
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits; the
audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment,
corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or
eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and
good housekeeping practices.
- Foster an atmosphere of employee involvement and continuous
improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/
system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost,
responsiveness and growth.
- Support new manufacturing methods based on optimizing
processes, new technology and continuous improvement
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building
strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement
tools to meet or exceed the facility key operating metrics.
- Monitor and direct activities on the production floor and in
our tool shop that ensure high levels of machine and die uptime
while reducing / eliminating rework and secondary operations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITESOversees all production activities and
personnel within the designated area of responsibility. Coach and
provide technical expertise to resolve processing issues and create
corrective actions with appropriate follow through plans. Implement
job related training for all employees.
- Has the ability to energize and motivate people and to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record of creating implementing and (or sustaining
a lean operation.
- 5-10 years' experience supervising in and injection molding
plant; direct responsibility for machines and dies a plus.
- Has led their organizations with a high level of integrity and
accountability. Experience in developing, implementing and
improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data
analysis and continuous improvement.
- Electro-mechanical aptitude
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- BA in Business or Operations related field, or BS in
Engineering, or equivalent operational experience
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, TPM or DMAIC experience is suggested
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in Manufacturing Operations
- Minimum 2-5 year's supervisory experience in a manufacturing
- Project management capability
- Understanding of team dynamics
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals. The ability to determine proper ratio's based on
TRAINING REQUIREMENTSAny additional required training is as
determined appropriate by the immediate supervisor with inputs
from, but not limited to the individual, management, personnel, or
the safety committee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENTWork is normally performed in a typical
interior/office work environment. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
SP CULTURE:As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products
to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and
treating them well is critical to our success. There are many
exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific
products that improve people's lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS:We are proud to provide a comprehensive
benefits program focused on your total well-being.
Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes:
Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K)
including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help
you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.SP will
provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired
if necessary.EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:SP is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination
in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure
equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our
employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in
accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age,
marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation,
genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship,
handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S.
military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is
available through the HR Department and may be accessed during
normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Provision:SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.#CB#spjobs4
Keywords: SP Industries, Inc., Hampton , Production Manager, Professions , Pocomoke City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!