Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Ambrose Disposal is looking for a safety conscious CDL Driver to
join the team at our location in Matthews , VA.
Monday-Friday day shift with occasional Saturdays. Previous waste
experience would be a huge plus!
****$3,000 Stay-On Bonus!!!***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes
to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred , but not
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose
of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-
and post-trip inspections.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Keywords: Waste Connections, Hampton , CDL Driver, Professions , Mathews, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!