Material Handler I
Company: SP Industries
Location: Pocomoke City
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Are you looking to kick start your career in the field of
manufacturing? How about working for a fast-growing organization
with multiple doors to further your success? This is not just a
job; we offer CAREERS that can push you towards a bright
SP Industries is expanding our team and have immediate opening for
a Material Handler!
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Enjoy a steady work schedule Monday thru Friday with generous
time off and 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
* Opportunities for advancement for those that are up for a
* Build your skills while working with state-of-the-art
* Plan for your future with a generous 401k package and benefits to
meet all your needs.
* On the job training!
* Competitive compensation package.
* A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life,
Health, Dental, Vision
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the proper types
of raw materials used in the manufacture of plastic products are
available on time, in the correct location, and in sufficient
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
* Maintains inventory levels, locates appropriate materials,
distributes materials to proper locations, tracks material
locations, and assists with the material ordering process.
* Supply production lines, stock materials, set aside sales, count
and verify sales.
* Maintain workplace cleanliness and work in other areas as
* Performs clean up and special projects as needed.
* Regularly operates forklifts and other associated material
handling equipment and machinery
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) are
* Familiarity with the plastic molding process and materials with
previous experience in a similar, warehousing position.
* Basic computer literacy is preferred.
* Forklift operating experience is preferred.
* Must have demonstrated full competence as a Material Handler I
prior to becoming a Material Handler II.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of
those an employee might encounter while performing the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
* The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high
* The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing
protection in some areas.
* The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our
customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them
well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to
join the SP Team.
* We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific
products that improve people's lives
* We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
* We respect each other and foster a collaboration work
* We innovate and are open to change.
* We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
* WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually
impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy
to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment
opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry,
national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification,
sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief,
pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran
or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's
Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and
may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information
Keywords: SP Industries, Hampton , Material Handler I, Professions , Pocomoke City, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!