Financial Analyst IGT
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: November 20, 2022
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* 1 to 3 years of diversified accounting experience including
general accounting, job and process cost accounting, budgeting,
forecasting, and financial reporting in manufacturing.
* Ability to plan, organize or coordinate cost accounting
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in both written and
oral form with strong interpersonal skills.
* Be a self-starter with advanced computer skills. (MS Office)
* Ability to resolve problems typically encountered in industrial
and manufacturing operations.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* MBA Degree
* Prior experience in manufacturing environment
Howmet Aerospace is a world-class producer of aero-engine and
industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks
and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted super-alloys, machining,
performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high
performance parts that enable the next generation of quieter, more
fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. (NYSE -
The Hampton Industrial Gas Turbines (IGT) business is seeking a
Senior Financial Analyst in support of the finance function at the
Hampton, VA manufacturing facility. This position reports to the
The primary responsibility of this position will provide key
financial support to the plant including annual budget, monthly
forecast, weekly flash, month-end close, monthly financial
reporting, ad-hoc business financial analysis, internal control
testing and compliance.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
* Prepare monthly financial forecasts, weekly forecast updates,
financial and operational results analysis, monthly account
reconciliation, inventory analysis, and coasting activities.
* Partner with the Plant Controller and Lead Team with the
development of the annual plan.
* Perform Howmet Self-Assessment audits as well as ensuring SOX
* Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly manufacturing variances
and plant expenses that can significantly impact job costing such
as raw material alloy purchases, alloy inventory, and cost of
production labor, outplant, qualification and development, and
research and development cost.
* Assists internal and external auditors on facility audits.
* Assist with analyzing actual cost changes in product design, raw
materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine
effect on cost in achieving the plants 4M's.
* Analyzes actual manufacturing cost and prepares periodic reports
comparing standard costs to actual production cost.
* Assist in providing management with reports specifying and
comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or
* Assist in providing actual financial results and performance
measures to corporate office on monthly basis.
* Assist Controller with providing actual unit job costs to
Business Centers and manufacturing staff monthly, and as required
for quoting, measuring process improvement, and determining
* Trains, develops, and supervises cost accounting technicians to
continuously improve job performance and enhance department's
productivity and plant goals.
* Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines;
this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Hampton , Financial Analyst IGT, Professions , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!