Preventative Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: MID-ATLANTIC WASTE SYSTEMS
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Mid-Atlantic Waste Systems is a family-owned and operated
business that is one of the nation's leading dealers of equipment
for the waste and recycling industry. We're currently looking for
an experienced Preventative Maintenance Technician for our 2nd
shift to join our team. If you are passionate about heavy equipment
and want to be a part of a successful company, we'd love to talk to
As a Preventative Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Complete preventative maintenance checks and repairs in
accordance with manufacturer specifications, complete required
paperwork, and identify and list follow-up items.
- Identify worn parts and components, lubricate and grease body
and chassis components to manufacture specifications.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that
the vehicle is operating properly.
- Repair and replace lighting, electrical, brakes, and body
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed
(work orders) in a thorough and timely manner.
- Partner with the team lead to learn new skills using
Mid-Atlantic Waste Systems' technician training and hands-on
- Other duties are assigned as needed to all diesel mechanics
depending on skill level. Why Mid-Atlantic?
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package!
- Excellent Benefits, Including Medical, Dental, Vision,
Paid-Time Off & More
- Exclusive Vendor Training
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Provided Uniforms
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Quarterly Tool Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program Qualification
- Possess working mechanical knowledge, including using hand
tools, power tools, and measuring devices.
- Experience with hydraulic pumps, cylinders, valves, and
- Experience with MIG and stick welding.
- Automotive electrical experience
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass a DOT physical, including drug screening.
- Must have own tools.
- Able to work Monday-Thursday from 2:30 pm-1:00 am We are an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: breakdown, customer service, machine repair,
maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician,
malfunction, mechanical, repair, upgrade
Keywords: MID-ATLANTIC WASTE SYSTEMS, Hampton , Preventative Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Poquoson, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!