Senior Technician - Facilities
Company: VersAbility Resources, Inc.
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Senior Technician - Facilities
Pay Range: $16.00 - $20.00/hr
The Senior Maintenance Technician repairs and maintain its systems and structures ensuring they are in good repair, safe and operating optimally.
- Performs maintenance, diagnostics, installation, troubleshooting and reconfiguration of all Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning system.
- Performs maintenance, diagnostics, installation and troubleshooting on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying out new lines replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Interacts with contractors who perform maintenance and services for VersAbility Resources when necessary
- Assists with fire safety and training for VersAbility's facilities
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, socket, fuses, minor appliances, cords etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and mounts modular office and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Assist in evaluating short/long term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements
- Attends and participates in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position
- Responds to after hour maintenance requests and initiates or performs Maintenance response as required
- Member of the Emergency Preparedness Response Team
- Member of the Health & Safety Committee
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements
Education: High School diploma, Trade School Training, HVAC certification and/or CFC certification
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in commercial building maintenance, Mechanical HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
1 year of experience in DDC system preferred
1 year of experience in computerized maintenance management system preferred.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to administer a systems approach
- Ability to foster positive relationships
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to manage work/priorities
- Knowledge- industry best practices/standards
- Skill in organization
- Skill with written communication
- Skill with oral communication
Works indoors, works outdoors, exposure to extreme hot or cold temperature, working at heights (ladder), being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature/humidity, exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, odors, mists, or other irritating particles, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, exposure to excessive noise, electrical energy, exposure to solvents, grease or oil, exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces, exposure to vibration (power tools), exposure to flames or burning items (welding), works around others, works alone, works with others. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, while performing this job the employee may frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision as to read typed or handwritten material, and the ability to focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
About VersAbility Resources
VersAbility Resources, formerly known as The Arc of the Virginia Peninsula, has been serving individuals with disabilities and their families for over 60 years. We support 1,600 people with disabilities each year in early childhood, community living, day support, and four different employment programs. We serve the entire Hampton Roads region and the 10 counties on the Middle Peninsula/Northern Neck.
With a budget of nearly $44 million and over 1,000 employees, we are a major service provider, business, and employer. We subcontract with disability-serving agencies across the country to fulfill four nationwide contracts and have created 300 jobs for people with disabilities across the globe. We are a capable business partner, engaged in federal contracting, manufacturing, packaging, digitization, recycling, and more.
We envision a world where people with disabilities enjoy dignified, productive lives of their choosing as fully accepted members of society.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ARC1009ARCVP/JobBoard/216d4d69-3d04-486f-b34c-7681bed6cdde/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=93fa994c-88c7-44bf-a3dd-0ab938f0e434
VersAbility Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer:
EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet/Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: VersAbility Resources, Inc., Hampton , Senior Technician - Facilities, Professions , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!