Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing
Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: January 14, 2019
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
The Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing will handle such tasks as: generating documentation, implementing DFM (design for manufacturability), lean manufacturing, process capability analysis, and yield / efficiency improvements. Additionally, the Engineer II position is a team based function that is responsible for manufacturing support, process innovation and cost improvement.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What you will be doing...
As an Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing, a typical day may include:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the manufacturing processes and testing related to the development of sensor products.
- Identify and/or implement product redesigns to standardize parts, reduce material cost, or improve manufacturability and quality.
- Support Design Engineering with product design as related to Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Maintain and improve existing products, equipment, software and manufacturing processes
- Utilize data acquisition software programs and equipment for production and test environment
- Measure and manage process capabilities using Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design for Experiment (DOE) methodologies
Click here for a day in the life in the engineering team at TE:
What your background should look like...
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering plus 3-5 years applicable experience or proven performance. Lean Manufacturing certification a plus.
- Knowledge of PCB design, electro-mechanical assemblies and manufacturing processes
- Experience in electrical testing and dimensional inspection methods and associated inspection equipment
- Knowledge of programming languages and source control systems. Nice to have:
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Practices & Methodologies (Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping) and line balancing
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Knowledge of PPAP and FMEA a plus What TE Connectivity offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Ethics and Values
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Process Management
- Project Management
- Time Management
Associated topics: c, c#, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, informatic, information technology, programming, radar, robotics, software engineer
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Hampton , Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing, Professions , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!